It's 10 weeks out from summer holiday season, how do I lose the last bit of belly fat so I look the part at the beach?
You've worked hard for the last few months, lost a bit of weight, and feeling good. Or, perhaps you've stayed the same weight, and now want to lose that last bit of belly fat to expose the abdominals underneath.
What is the best way to go about doing it?
Well, I don't know about best way, but my advice is;
1) Complete 3 prolonged, steady state cardio sessions per week. These should be between 60-90 minutes in duration at around 70% max HR. Complete these sessions in an alternating fasted/fed state rotation - ie Monday fasted (before breakfast), Wednesday fed (between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner), Friday fasted etc
2) Complete 2-3 high volume resistance training sessions per week.
3) On the days you complete the resistance training, eat fewer calories. The amount in which you need to consume is highly individual, so be sure to ask. On these days, consume double your body weight in grams of protein.
4) Perform 2 high intensity interval training sessions per week. Performed properly, intervals are a highly efficient way of maximising energy expenditure. Correctly performed interval training means in the 'on' phase, you should be above 92% max HR.
Interval training is bouts of maximal intensity exercise, mixed with bouts of rest, which enables you to go maximal again.
5) Choose foods that are satiating, such as those high in fibre and high in protein. There are some amazing low-calorie foods that can be incredibly satisfying and keep you under your caloric requirements.
So there you have it, my advice on how to lose that last bit of stubborn belly fat in time for summer.
If you would like to ask any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
28/2/2021 11:05:27 am
Very nice bblog you have here
Leave a Reply.
Drew is a personal trainer and nutritionist and is the co-founder of Evexia Wellbeing. Drew specialises in long-term habit change, body composition training, and mindset.